Let’s consider an instance where you’ve invested a fortune in buying your dream bike or the best bike in the current market. Probably this is your first-ever vehicle, or you’re a professional cyclist, and you’ve invested all your savings on this bike. In such a case, the last thing you want is your bike to be stolen. It would be a disastrous experience if it were to be stolen. Although alarms and other devices like immobilizers accompany many sophisticated bikes, they’re easy to crack. It is like a walk in the park for many of the experienced thieves to crack the code. Hence, investing a good bike locking system, especially with a GPS tracking option is the best you can do to bike and yourself.
Advantages of using a GPS Tracker
Some of the benefits of using a bike lock that contains a GPS tracker are as follows:
- The first advantage lies in its easy installation. GPS tracking devices are generally tiny devices that could be placed anywhere on the surface of the bike. For example, under your seat, under the handles, or directly on the surface of the bike. However, it is imperative to understand that there are plenty of options available in the market today, and you ought to choose the ones that suit your needs.
- If you’re adventurous and use your bike for hiking, hunting, mountain biking and other such outdoor activities and sports, then these devices are a saviour. Not only will you track your own vehicle (bike), but also find your way back home, in case you lose track of the way.
- They’re generally masked with waterproof casings. Hence, in times like extreme rain and water splashes, you can still ride worry-free through your navigation.
- Sometimes, good quality GPS trackers or GPS tracking devices are accompanied with a touch screen facility that helps you keep track of the route even if you’re in the city or the woods.
- Individual companies manufacture GPS+PDA hybrids that are the best for motorcyclists if they prefer a bigger screen with a larger display. They’re also suitable for a higher accuracy rate, higher signal strength and with also encompass better functionality of reception.
- GPS tracking devices on the bike support the jamming functionality of a bike. This means when an unauthorized person attempt to steal your bike, then a text pops on your connected smart device. This is done with the help of the GSM module present in the device. It also automatically handles the breaks etc. in the bike – automatically jamming the bike.
If you’re investing in a good quality bike, then it is predominantly a necessity to also invest in a GPS tracker, lest you should lose your bike to theft. The advantages mentioned above are a clear reception of why you should invest in such devices.